bifurcating into core and others
Perhaps it would be better to divide rbcurse into rbcurse-core and then other packages or gems. This way core can remain more or less frozen and bug fixes can be released quickly without waiting for other features to stabilize. Changes in other packages can be made without disturbing core. Core can be kept backward compatible. And it can remain light with just form, window, field, buttons, list and perhaps textview. Other widgets can be put in other gems. The entire extras, UI patterns, experimental work.
There could be a rbcurse-experimental which moves to either core or standard as and when it stabilizes.
1. rbcurse-core - form, field, label, buttons, dialogs, basiclist, messagebox viewer, menus? , combo - basically whatever is required to run test2 and test1.rb. We must have a minimal number of programs to test for this. Actually, test2 incorporates a lot!
2. rbcurse-util menus?, textarea?, tabbedpane, tree tables, tabular, keylabel, progress, scrollbar, statusline,
3. rbcurse-extras vimsplit, multi-containers, masterdetail, directorylist etc statuswindow, rcommandwindow link, menulink, container
4. rbcurse-experimental resultset, Pad, subwin,derwin from window class, scrollform, app, stack/flow gmailfield
5. rbcurse-demos rfe, sqlc/m, dbdemo which can be installed and run from anywhere appemail This must be dependent on a specific version of core and util.
6. rbcurse-db database related work - resultsetview etc